(especially of a group or area) having a great deal of money; wealthy.
different to what is normal or expected; strange; particular, special
give (someone or oneself) a different appearance in order to conceal one’s identity:he disguised himself as a girl
legally or officially unable to be considered for a position or benefit.
a person who is hostile or indifferent to culture and the arts.
"a philistine government"
anything that urges a person to make greater efforts. He was driven on by the spur of ambition.
on the spur of the moment
suddenly; without previous planning. We decided to go to Paris on the spur of the moment.
to urge a horse to go faster, using spurs, or a person to make greater efforts. He spurred his horse on; The thought of the prize spurred her on.
- (of semi-fluid matter) containing too much liquid; watery "do not make the concrete too sloppy, synonyms: runny, watery, thin, liquid, semi-liquid, mushy, soupy; More antonyms: dry, solid
- careless and unsystematic; excessively casual.
a strong or habitual liking for something or tendency to do something.
"he has a penchant for adopting stray dogs"
coincide intr.v. co·in·cid·ed, co·in·cid·ing, co·in·cides
- To occupy the same relative position or the same area in space.
- To happen at the same time or during the same period.
- To correspond exactly; be identical.
- To agree exactly, as in opinion; concur.